Infant Massage Instruction
continuing education at the nest
Are you a new parent or about to become a new parent and desire greater connection with your baby in a way that will help them feel nurtured, stabilize their mood, and enhance their physical and mental development? Or are you looking for a meaningful gift that you can send to someone who is about to welcome a baby?
Deepens parent + child connections
Nurtures developing newborns
Stabilizes and improves mood
Dive into the magic of therapeutic touch.
The Essential Touch Infant Massage Instruction course — taught by Nicole Budeau, a licensed massage therapist, certified prenatal massage therapist, and certified infant massage instructor — is an exclusive Continuing Education at The Nest course offering that empowers parents in a rewarding journey of love and connection.
With nine (9) instructional videos — a course overview and eight individual lessons — and supplementary downloadable content, this virtual education program guides you through gentle techniques and evidence-based strategies to:
- Stabilize mood and ease fussiness.
- Nurture healthy growth and development.
- Create a calming haven to promote relaxation.
Welcoming a new child is a beautiful journey unlike any other, full of unexpected joys and challenges. We know it can be hard even in times when we’re surrounded by our loved ones, and being unable to gather with our support systems can add additional stress. We have created this course to help families build a greater connection while reducing stress for both parents and baby. Scientific research has demonstrated that children who receive massage:
- Fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer while spending more time in quiet, alert states throughout the daytime hours
- Experience healthy weight gain for optimal development and growth
- Experience strengthened emotional bonds with parents and caregivers
- Exhibit less fussiness, crying, and stress-related behavior
- Experience less digestion issues (such as colic)
Additional research also highlights the benefits of massage therapy on parents and caregivers, from reduced levels of depression and anxiety in mothers to enhanced father-infant interactions.