Acupressure and Tui Na (Chinese Medical Massage)
Chinese Medical Massage (Tui Na) and Acupressure are modalities of manual tissue manipulation to return the body into homeostasis or balance. The practitioner uses massage and acupressure to address the imbalance and appropriately nourish, drain, tonify, or sedate and bring balance to the patient.
The Chinese believe that pain is caused by blockage of energy (qi) and/or blood. Because Chinese Massage (Tui Na) incorporates various techniques and pattern recognition, it is able to target therapeutic differences for each individual case.
Acupressure is a way to enjoy the beneﬁ ts of acupuncture without needles. Although acupuncture is always encouraged, acupressure is an effective and non-invasive alternative for ages one to 100.
This approach to healing has been utilized for over 2,500 years and continues to be successful across hospitals and centers all over the world.
- Tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, TMJ, sciatica, low back pain, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia
- Menstrual irregularity, endometriosis, PMS, infertility, menopausal syndrome
Psycho-emotional & Neurological
- Depression, anxiety, insomnia, headache, migraine, post-stroke paralysis, dizziness, tinnitus, intercostals neuralgia, trigeminal neuralgia
- Food allergies, nausea, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, ulcers, colitis
- Colds & flus, bronchitis, asthma, allergies, emphysema
Ear, Nose & Throat
- Toothaches, earaches, sinusitis, rhinitis
- Hypertension, high cholesterol, arteriosclerosis, angina pectoris
- Cystitis, stress incontinence, prostatitis, neurogenic bladder, prostatic hypertrophy
Who needs it?
People with any of the above conditions
How often should you get it?
The number of treatments required depends on the duration, severity, and nature of the health problem. A single treatment can produce remarkable results, but may have to be followed with herbal formulas or additional treatments.
After your massage:
Avoid caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol for 24 hours
Avoid overly strenuous exercise for 24 hours
As always, it’s important to allow your body time to rest and heal from within!