A Healer’s Hand + The Nest is a wellness cooperative that offers massage, physical therapy, advanced aesthetics, and Eastern healing services. With massage, our primary area of focus is providing therapeutic prenatal and postpartum massages, as well as couple’s and infant massage instruction. We are committed to making pregnancy a joyful, pain-free experience for all our clients.
A Healer’s Hand + The Nest is seeking a Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) to join our team and provide services to our clients on nights and weekends. Our existing therapists are trained in a wide array of massage techniques, including acupressure, cupping, Swedish, myofascial, pre- and post-natal, and therapeutic. We are looking for an individual who is reliable, warm and compassionate, collaborative, and emotionally mature. This position provides plenty of ongoing training and continuing education, and we are looking for the right fit above qualifications and experience, so long as candidates are already LMTs in the state of Wisconsin. The ideal candidate for this job is willing to start out at 6-10 massage sessions per week and grow to 12-15 sessions per week or more, as there is opportunity.
Massage therapists working with AHH will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide well-rounded therapeutic massage services, following industry and AHH best practices
- Create a soothing environment for massage sessions by practicing good client care
- Participate in continuing education both through AHH and through industry opportunities, as available
- Maintain client records, taking and submitting detailed notes about client progress, payment, retail purchases, allergies, and other pertinent information
- Greet clients, and check them out using MindBody when receptionist is not available
- Support the AHH team by washing client dishes and dirty linens (washer and dryer in office suite) after use
In addition to being reliable, warm and compassionate, collaborative, and emotionally mature, the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Completed Massage Therapy program, holds Massage Therapy License in the state of Wisconsin
- Preferably 2+ years previous experience providing therapeutic massage services in a spa, clinic, or other similar facility
- Strong interpersonal skills and a friendly demeanor
- Attention to detail and to the client experience
- Experience with a wide variety of massage routines, including those that incorporate myofascial and therapeutic techniques
- Previous MindBody or other scheduling platform experience helpful
- Proficiency with computers, especially PCs; Microsoft Office; and Google Docs preferred
Hours & Availability
The key hours for this position are after 4pm on weeknights and/or during the day on Saturdays and Sundays; our treatment rooms are currently booked during standard business hours. To begin with, this position would range from 6-10 massage sessions per week and could grow into full-time, if desired. We are also hiring for a receptionist and administrative assistant to cover the front desk from 9a-5p Mondays through Fridays; if you would like a blended role, we will have more immediate availability and opportunity for you.
Compensation & Benefits
The pay for this position is dependent on experience and on session fees for the massage therapist. Our existing therapists have between 10-15 years of experience and earn $40-$50 + tips for a 60-minute massage as employees. Benefits for this position include pre & postnatal massage training, schedule flexibility, AFLAC, the ability to schedule trades with other practitioners in the space, including physical therapists, licensed aestheticians, and other massage therapists.
To apply for this position, please apply online. In lieu of a cover letter, please share a bit about yourself, why you’re interested in this position, and what your weekly availability is.