A Healer’s Hand + The Nest (AHH) is seeking a Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) to join our team and provide services on nights and weekends. Our existing therapists are trained in a wide array of massage techniques, including acupressure, cupping, Swedish, myofascial, prenatal, postpartum, and therapeutic. We are looking for an individual who is reliable, patient, compassionate, and collaborative. While this position provides ongoing training and continuing education, we are currently only seeking candidates with existing LMT licensure in the state of Wisconsin. The ideal candidate for this position should be willing to start out at 6-10 massage sessions per week, increasing to 12-15 weekly sessions once initial training and onboarding is complete.
AHH is a locally owned wellness cooperative specializing in therapeutic massage, physical therapy, advanced aesthetics, and Eastern healing services. Our primary area of focus in therapeutic massage includes pregnancy care — specifically, prenatal and postpartum massage — as well as massage instruction for both couples and infants. We are committed to making pregnancy a joyful, pain-free experience for all our clients.
Massage therapists working with AHH will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Providing well-rounded therapeutic massage services, following industry and AHH best practices.
- Creating and fostering a soothing environment for massage sessions by practicing good client care.
- Participating in ongoing continuing education through AHH and industry opportunities, as available.
- Maintaining client records, taking and submitting detailed notes about client progress, payments, retail purchases, health histories and allergies, and other pertinent information.
- Greeting clients and checking them out when front desk support is not available.
- Supporting the AHH team with routine cleaning support as needed (such as washing dishes or laundry).
Interested candidates should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Valid Massage Therapy License in the state of Wisconsin and two years or more experience providing therapeutic massage services in a spa, clinic, or similar.
- Experience with a wide variety of massage practices, including those that incorporate myofascial and therapeutic techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a friendly demeanor.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to the client experience.
- Previous experience using MindBody or another scheduling platform preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Docs preferred.
Hours + Availability
Availability on nights and weekends is required for this role. The key hours will be after 4pm on weeknights and/or during the day on Saturdays and Sundays. Our treatment rooms are currently booked during standard business hours. To begin with, this position would range from 6-10 massage sessions per week and could grow into full-time, if desired.
Compensation + Benefits
The pay for this position is dependent on experience and individual session fees. Our existing therapists have between 10-15 years of experience and earn from $40-$50 (plus gratuity) for a 60-minute massage. Benefits for this position include schedule flexibility, healthcare insurance, and the ability to schedule trades with other practitioners in the space, including physical therapists, licensed aestheticians, and other massage therapists.
Please apply online
In lieu of a cover letter, please share a bit about yourself, such as why you are interested in this position and what your weekly availability is.