Mindfulness Part 2: 5 Keys To Enhance Your Emotional Wellness
Awareness of your whole self will help you avoid burnout from overwork, resentment from giving too much, physical problems from inactivity or stress, spiritual emptiness from lack of time spent in reflection.
Physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of yourself must be in balance for optimal well-being. Below is your emotional aspect of yourself and a few key choices to be aware of to enhance your emotional health and wellness.
- Laugh, play and have fun often.
- Share your feelings with others. Spend time with the people you can trust with your feelings and give them the gift of really knowing you.
- Express emotions appropriately.
- Accept change willingly. Learn to let go.
- Create warm, loving relationships. Forgive yourself and others. If you have issues or grievances with family and friends, face the issues and recover lost emotional closeness.